Stay safe with us
What we’re doing to ensure you have a safe (as well as fun!) experience at The Refuge.
Before you’ve arrived
– In addition to our regular deep cleans, we’ve been busy deep cleaning all of our food and drink preparation areas, using hospital-grade chemicals in addition to steam cleaning.
– Our air conditioning systems have undergone full servicing, including new filters in all areas.
– Our tables are placed with physical distance between them, and screens installed in booth seating.
– To help with the flow of arrivals, we now take bookings on our online reservation system for all tables, including—for the first time—the highly sought-after Winter Garden.
– We have automatic touch-free sanitiser points at the entrance, toilet exits, all waiter stations, and across the venue.
– Our colleagues will wipe our contactless PDQ payment devices before and after presentation, in addition to an increase in the contactless payment limit.
– We have QR codes on all tables which link to our menus.
– Our tables will be set and prepared just before your arrival – only after being fully sanitised, including all touch points.
– Our team have undergone the ‘IHG culture of clean’ COVID-19 training, in addition to refresher training on all food hygiene and legal requirements.
Welcome back to Refuge
– We have protective screens at our host stands.
– Where needed, floor markings indicate entry and exit routes, as well as directional signage.
– We’ve opened our larger washrooms downstairs, taking advantage of the larger corridors and facilities.
– We’ve put 20-minute timers in place, at which intervals—in addition to regularly using hand sanitisers—our team will wash their hands
– We’ve re-arranged all furniture in the Public Bar to allow for physical distancing and safe walk ways.
– There will be continuous deep cleaning by a dedicated team, which is allocated to touch points and all public areas.
– There are additional auditing procedures in place for opening and closing cleaning procedures.
– Our team work in bubbles to reduce crossover between the full team body.
– All team members will complete a daily health questionnaire, including temperature checks at the start of each shift.
– Physical distancing will be observed and respected between team members.
Back to life
– We may be wearing masks, but we’re still smiling underneath and always here to help
– We’ve missed you, and can’t wait to welcome you back to dance again (but not just yet)
From Volta, with Love x