After The Electric Weekender
Manchester, NYC, Croatia and Ibiza entwined to create the Electric Weekender on May Bank Holiday – a celebration of art, music and food.
Here’s a few highlights from the weekend:
- The launch of Justin Robertson The Explorer’s Chronicle exhibition
- Francois K playing a special set in the Refuge basement, taking dancers on a journey through New York between 1977-87
- A special tap takeover by local craft hero’s ShinDigger
- The Manchester Kebab created by Robert Owen-Brown with the help of The Unabombers
- The Refuge’s outside space was take over for a ‘summer of love’ street party hosted by Love International, whose Croatian festival has won the hearts of thousands of people from all over the globe
- An all-day collaboration with Ibiza’s famous Pikes Hotel
- From daytime to dusk The Refuge featured Ibizan legends and Balearic jocks galore with Spanish wine selections alongside pop up food by the award-winning Levanter (a favourite of Jay Rayner) with a basement soiree to close off this three-day gathering of like-minded souls.
Thanks to everyone involved and who joined us – while we get planning the next soireè, here are a few photos to cherish.